Friday, May 11, 2012

Saying Goodbye to the Sunshine State

Just eight months ago, I packed up all of my belongings and started my overnight journey from Tennessee to the Tampa Bay area and now it's time to make my return.. alongside of a very special someone(and the whole reason I ever came to live in FL). If I've learned anything from this experience, it's that there truly is no place like home. It's where I was born, and lived exclusively until last October.. and I miss almost everything about the region. Its seemingly endless mountains and forest.. its rivers, creeks, and streams that seem to zig-zag between its gorgeous woodlands.. family.. friends.. the whole nine. It is truly exciting to know that I will reclaim all those things next month and hopefully forever afterwards. Such big plans.. dreams.. ideals.. all coming to fruition on the only soil that I've ever considered to be a true home.

With that said, it feels like every moment spent here is a moment wasted. Sure, there are still binds in place.. otherwise, I'm sure we would've already made the jump. I just can't help but to think about how much better everything will be once we've finally arrived after anticipating our big move for such a long time. And yes, the days are growing fewer but it doesn't seem to do so at any kind of reasonable pace.. and it's not like it's all happening in the morning. It's been a long, grinding, and even sometimes borderline miserable wait.. and still I count the days. Once my feet are firmly planted back on Tennessee soil, I'll know the rewards were well worth waiting for.. and that's something that's never far from my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment